Berberine Support supplies high-potency berberine combined with alpha lipoic acid and grape seed extract for blood sugar and cardiovascular support. Berberine Support promotes normal homocysteine levels and supports normal blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Berberine is a naturally occurring alkaloid and a primary constituent of several plants including barberry, goldenseal and phellodendron. Recent studies indicate that berberine is a helpful supplement for maintaining cardiometabolic health and is considered safe and effective. Berberine has been shown to regulate glucose and lipid metabolism in vitro and in vivo. In vivo and in vitro experiments have also shown blood pressure support and vasorelaxatory effects of berberine. It seems that berberine acts on both the endothelium and the underlying vascular smooth muscle to induce vasorelaxation via multiple cellular mechanisms. Berberine has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to provide antioxidant activity, immune system support and proper microbial balance.
Quatrefolic®, a proprietary ingredient, is the glucosamine salt of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate. It is structurally analogous to the reduced and active form of folic acid. Because of its active form, Quatrefolic® represents greater stability, higher water solubility and multiple ingredient flexibility when compared to the calcium salt type.
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid is the natural form of the potent antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). It supports cardiovascular health through supporting recycling of other antioxidants and through supporting normal blood lipid regulation. R-Lipoic Acid, though is more bioavailable, meaning it will offer better support for normal blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Studies suggest that supplementation with Alpha Lipoic Acid may possibly support the body’s ability to facilitate hepatic HDL biosynthesis.
LeucoSelect® Phytosome™ (Grape Seed Extract) is a proprietary technology consisting of low molecular weight grape seed extract combined with phosphatidylcholine. Leucoselect® supports cardiovascular health and free radical neutralization in a highly bioavailable complex.
Berberine Support is a useful dietary supplement for those individuals who wish to support blood glucose metabolism and/or cholesterol maintenance.
FORMULA (WW #10281)
1 Capsule Contains:
- Folate………………………………………………………….200 mcg
(as [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid from 400 mcg of Quatrefolic® [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)
- Berberine (as Berberine HCl)…………………………500 mg
- LeucoSelect® Phytosome™……………………………….50 mg
(Grape Seed (Vitus vinifera) Extract/Phosphatidylcholine Complex)
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid……………………………………….25 mg
Other ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, vegetarian leucine.
This product contains NO citrus, gluten, or yeast.
Take one capsule daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
Warning: If taking p450 drugs, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product as Berberine may reduce the effectiveness of these drugs.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Yifei Zhang,et al. Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes and dyslipidemia with the natural plant alkaloid berberine. J.Clin. Endocrinil. Metab. Published online Apr 8, 2008
- Jun Yina, Hulli Xing, and Jianping Yeb. Efficacy of Berberine in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Metabolism. 2008 May; 57(5):712-717.
- Guo Yi. Biochemical pathways in the antiatherosclerotic effect of berberine. Chinese Medical Journal 2008; 121(13):1197-1203.Kong W, et al. Berberine is a novel cholesterol-lowering drug working through a unique mechanism distinct from statins. Nat Med. 2004 Dec; 10(12):1344-51.
- Zeng XH, Zeng XJ, Li YY. Efficacy and safety of berberine for congestive heart failure secondary to ischemic or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol 03;92:173-6.
- Kamenova PO. Improvement of insulin sensitivity in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus after oral administration of alpha-lipoic acid. Hormones (Athens). 2006 Oct-Dec;5(4):251-8.
- Bagchi D, Bagchi M, Stohs SJ, et al. Cellular protection with proanthocyanidins derived from grape seeds. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2002;957:260-70.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.