Children’s Acidophilus is a combination of several probiotics in a grape-flavored chewable. Each chewable provides one billion viable cells. The probiotics in this blend are both acid-resistant and do not require refrigeration.
The average child consumes a diet of highly processed, refined, high fat, high sugar, and low fiber foods that are often deficient in essential nutrients (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, etc.). This type of diet may lead to poor gastrointestinal and immune health. When you combine a poor diet with medications such as antibiotics, the natural balance of “healthy” bacteria becomes compromised. The gastrointestinal tract consists of over 100 trillion bacteria from about 500 different strains. Most of these bacteria are beneficial “healthy” bacteria that provide significant health benefits including suppressing the growth of harmful bacteria, helping support digestion and absorption of essential nutrients, maintaining the overall health of the intestinal tract and supporting healthy immune function. Children’s Acidophilus contains three of the best probiotic strains for children, in amounts that will help support and nurture healthy digestive and immune system function. The probiotic strains in this supplement were chosen because of their ability to survive the acidic environment of the stomach and shelf stability (does not require refrigeration).
Children’s Acidophilus may be a useful supplement for parents who want to support their children’s normal probiotic flora and support healthy digestion and immunity.
Children five (5) years and older chew one (1) tablet daily during a meal or as directed by a healthcare professional.
No adverse effects have been reported.
FORMULA (WW #10227)
1 Chewable Tablet Contains:
- Proprietary probiotic blend…………………..1 Billion Cells
(Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14
Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04 and
Lactobacillus salivarius Ls-33)
Other Ingredients: sorbitol, xylitol, natural grape flavor, microcrystalline, cellulose, vegetable stearin, maltodextrin, citric acid, silica, magnesium stearate, luo han guo fruit extract, and carmine color.
Each Bio-Enhanced, Acid Resistant Strain (BEARS) has been specifically designed to survive stomach acid secretions during digestion. BEARS eliminates the need for enteric coating by preventing the destruction of viable cells that occurs when weaker strains are exposed to an acid environment.
This product contains NO salt, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
- King CK, Glass R, Bresee JS, Duggan C (November 2003). “Managing acute gastroenteritis among children: oral rehydration, maintenance, and nutritional therapy”. MMWR Recomm Rep 52 (RR–16): 1–16.
- Allen SJ, Martinez EG, Gregorio GV, Dans LF (2010). Allen, Stephen J. ed. “Probiotics for treating acute infectious diarrhoea”. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11 (11): CD003048.
- Reid G, Jass J, Sebulsky MT, McCormick JK (October 2003). “Potential uses of probiotics in clinical practice”. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 16 (4): 658–72.
- D’Souza AL, Rajkumar C, Cooke J, Bulpitt CJ (June 2002). “Probiotics in prevention of antibiotic associated diarrhoea: meta-analysis”. BMJ 324 (7350): 1361.
- Hatakka K, Savilahti E, Pönkä A et al. (June 2001). “Effect of long term consumption of probiotic milk on infections in children attending day care centres: double blind, randomised trial”. BMJ 322 (7298): 1327.
- Näse L, Hatakka K, Savilahti E et al. (2001). “Effect of long-term consumption of a probiotic bacterium, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, in milk on dental caries and caries risk in children”. Caries Research 35 (6): 412–20.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.