Cranberry Concentrate contains 400 mg of 100% cranberry fruit solids to help support urinary tract health.
Cranberry is a small evergreen shrub grown throughout North America and prized by Indian tribes for treating urinary conditions. Cranberry is still used as a natural remedy to support urinary health, particularly urinary tract infections, although the exact mechanisms are still unclear. Some researchers believe that cranberry has the ability to lower the pH of the urine (making it more acidic), which may inhibit the growth of bacteria. Still, other research suggests that specific compounds in cranberry, like D-mannose, inhibit bacteria from “sticking” to the walls of the urinary tract to be subsequently flushed out during urination. Wellness Works uses the Cran-Max® brand of cranberry concentrate that protects the cranberry from destruction by gastric acid, delivering the nutrients to the lower gastrointestinal tract where they can be absorbed. One capsule is equal to about eight ounces of cranberry concentrate.
Cranberry Concentrate may be a useful supplement for those looking to support urinary tract health.
FORMULA (WW #10042)
One capsule contains:
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)…………………………….50 mg
- Cranberry fruit powder 34:1…………………………..400 mg
(Vaccinium macrocarpon) (100% cranberry fruit solids)
Other Ingredients: gelatin, water (capsule), silica, and magnesium stearate.
Our Concentrated Cranberry contains the equivalent of 34 pounds of whole cranberries in each pound of cranberry powder. The cranberry powder consists of 100% cranberry fruit solids. Our Concentrated Cranberry contains a balance of naturally-occurring organic acids in their synergistic rations.
This product contains NO added sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Adults take one (1) capsule with eight (8) ounces of water three (3) times daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
No adverse effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
For optimal storage conditions, keep refrigerated with lid tightly sealed after opening.
- Michaels EK, Chmiel JS, Plotkin BJ, Schaeffer AJ. Effect of D-mannose and D-glucose on Escherichia coli bacteriuria in rats. Urol Res 1983;11:97-102 .
- Ofek I, Goldhar J, Eshdat Y, Sharon N. The importance of mannose specific adhesins (lectins) in infections caused by Escherichia coli. Scand J Infect Dis Suppl 1982;33:61-7.
- Ofek I, Mosek A, Sharon N. Mannose-specific adherence of Escherichia coli freshly excreted in the urine of patients with urinary tract infections, and of isolates subcultured from the infected urine. Infect Immun 1981;34:708-11.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.