A serving (3 capsules) of Magnesium & Potassium Aspartate delivers 200 mg of elemental magnesium and 99 mg of potassium in their bioavailable aspartate forms.
Magnesium is a mineral with a fundamentally important physiological function in the body. However, typical diets in the U.S. and other industrialized countries often provide less than adequate amounts of magnesium. Supplementation with bioavailable aspartate salts of this mineral can help bridge the gap between dietary intake and optimal requirement.
Magnesium plays an essential role in a wide range of fundamental cellular reactions. More than 300 enzymes require magnesium as a cofactor. Complexed with adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the main carrier of metabolic energy in the body, magnesium is essential for all biosynthetic processes: glycolysis, formation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), energy-dependent membrane transport, transmission of genetic code for protein synthesis, and muscle function. Magnesium is also involved in maintaining normal heart function and blood pressure.
Two thirds of the body’s magnesium content is located in the skeleton. Recent scientific studies show that magnesium supplementation of ovariectomized animals, a model for postmenopausal women, not only promotes bone formation while increasing its dynamic strength, but also prevents bone resorption.
The aspartate salt used in Magnesium Aspartate is a highly absorbed and well tolerated form of magnesium.
Aspartic acid is a natural amino acid which occurs widely as a constituent of food proteins. In the body, aspartic acid is involved in energy production as an intermediate in the Krebs cycle.
Magnesium & Potassium may be a useful nutritional supplement for individuals who wish to increase their dietary intake of magnesium and potassium.
1 Serving ( 3 capsules ) Contains:
- Magnesium (Aspartate Complex)……………………200 mg
- Potassium (Aspartate Complex)……………………….99 mg
Other Ingredients: rice flour, pullulan (capsule), glycerol behenate, modified food starch with medium chain triglycerides and silicon dioxide.
This product contains NO sugar, yeast, corn, wheat, soy, artificial color, flavors or preservatives.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 3 capsules daily with meals, or more, as directed by a healthcare professional.
No adverse effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Creedon A, Flynn A, Cashman K. The effect of moderately and severely restricted dietary magnesium intakes on bone composition and bone metabolism in the rat. Br J Nutr 1999;82:63-71.
- Gyamlani G, Parikh C, Kulkarni AG. Benefits of magnesium in acute myocardial infarction: timing is crucial. Am Heart J 2000;139:703.
- Kawano Y, M\atsuoka H, Takishita S, et al. Effects of magnesium supplementation in hypertensive patients: assessment by office, home, and ambulatory blood pressures. Hypertension 1998;32:260-5.
- Mizushima S, Cappuccio FP, Nichols R, et al. Dietary magnesium intake and blood pressure: a qualitative overview of the observational studies. J Hum Hypertens 1998;12:447-53.
- Moorkens G, Manuel y Keenoy B, Vertommen J, et al. Magnesium deficit in a sample of the Belgian population presenting with chronic fatigue. Magnes Res 1997;10:329-37.
- Ng SY. Hair calcium and magnesium levels in patients with fibromyalgia: a case center study. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1999;22:586-93.
- Rubenowitz E, Axelsson G, Rylander R. Magnesium and calcium in drinking water and death from acute myocardial infarction in women. Epidemiology 1999;10:31-6.
- Toba Y, Kajita Y, Masuyama R, et al. Dietary magnesium supplementation affects bone metabolism and dynamic strength of bone in ovariectomized rats. J Nutr 2000;130:216-20.
- Werbach MR. Nutritional strategies for treating chronic fatigue syndrome. Altern Med Rev 2000;5:93-108.
- Yang CY, Chiu HF, Tsai SS, et al. Calcium and magnesium in drinking water and risk of death from prostate cancer. J Toxicol Environ Health 2000;60:17-26.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.