ITEM #BM-501-90 (90 capsules)
- easy to swallow multi in capsule form
- 45 day supply bottle
- full spectrum, iron free formula
- contains plant enzymes for digestion and absorption
Exercise and training reduce vitamin and mineral levels. Low vitamin and mineral levels negatively impact athletic performance. NutraSport full spectrum multi-vitamin replaces vitamins, minerals and electrolytes lost through sweating, digestive excretion and decreased nutrient digestion from exercise and training.
Exercise, Training, Competition, Rehab Factors
Regular exercise increases vitamin and mineral requirements. Exercise can induce vitamin and mineral deficiency by:
- decreased absorption through the digestive tract
- increased excretion in sweat, urine and feces
- increased degradation (use) of the nutrients
- increased requirement for more nutrient from training adaptation
(i.e. increased muscle cell requirement from endurance training and muscle repair requirement from strength training)
- Scientific evidence has shown impaired exercise performance with inadequate vitamin status. Exercise impairment was more profound when multiple vitamin deficiencies were present.
- Prolonged exercise/training may create mineral (iron, zinc, copper) deficiency from redistribution of nutrients for performance functions.
- Inadequate intake of vitamins and minerals is common due to consumption of micro-nutrient poor, refined food.
- Deficiencies in micro-nutrients cause cellular damage in research studies.
- Athletes tend to focus on macro-nutrients (protein, carbohydrates, fats, magnesium, calcium, etc) but fail to include adequate micro-nutrients to their supplemental diet. Continuous physical stress (exercise and recovery) tends to deplete these micro-nutrients (B-vitamins, zinc, fat soluble vitamins A-D-E-K, manganese, etc) which are readily available in a multi-vitamin.
- Recommended dosing: 2-3 capsules daily with food/meals. Consider 2 in the morning and 2-post workout. On game day, 2-early morning and 2-post game during Recovery Window. Always take vitamins/minerals with food/meals.
Why NutraSport Performance Multi-Caps?
- Full spectrum formula containing a variety of vitamins, minerals and nutrients as a foundation for exercise and training requirments.
- Contains plant based digestive enzymes and betaine hydrochloride to support digestion.
- Vitamin A from 100% natural beta-carotene.
- Magnesium in organic chelated citrate form for better digestion.
- High quality, patented mineral forms OptiZinc zinc and ChroMate chromium for better absorption and retention.
- Does not contain additional, “non-scientific” ingredients which are not pertinent to exercise and training demands.
- Formula combines well with the use of additional nutritional supplements recommended for health and training (i.e. vit. D, magnesium, etc.).
- Each bottle contains 90 capsules at 2 servings per day. (45 day supply)
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish.
- Third party certification for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) by the Natural Products Association (NPA). www.npainfo.org
Multi-Vitamin Efficacy & Safety
“Nutrition surveys consistently reveal that substantial numbers of Americans fail to obtain recommended amounts of various nutrients from diet alone. If official nutrient recommendations are taken seriously, then it must follow that people would be better off getting the full recommended amount of each nutrient than falling short of that amount.”
“The best solution for most people is to eat the best diet possible, adopt other healthy habits, and use a rational assortment of nutritional dietary supplements, most notably a multivitamin, to ensure adequate intakes or to try to approach levels that may be considered optimal.”
Multivitamins and Other Dietary Supplements for Better Health; Prepared for the Council for Responsible Nutrition by Annette Dickinson, Ph.D. and Andrew Shao, Ph.D May 15, 2006
- Sport Nutrition. Jeukendrup, Gleeson. National Council on Strength and Fitness. 2nd Edition 2010
- Ames BN. Supplements and tuning up metabolism. J Nutr. 2004;134:3164S-68S.
- Ames BN. Low micronutrient intake may accelerate the degenerative diseases of aging through allocation of scarce micronutrients by triage. Proc Nat Acad Sci. 2006;103(47):17589-94.
- Frank E et al. Use of vitamin-mineral supplements by female physicians in the United States. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;72:969–75.
- McKay DL et al. The effects of a multivitamin/mineral supplement on micronutrient status, antioxidant capacity and cytokine production in healthy older adults consuming a fortified diet. J Am Coll Nutr. 2000;19(5):613-21.
- Barringer TA et al. Effect of a multivitamin and mineral supplement on infection and quality of life. Ann Int Med. 2003;138:365-71.
- Cordain L, Eaton SB, Sebastian A, et al. Origins and evolution of the Western diet: health implications for the 21st century. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 81(2):341-54. 3. Cockayne S, Adamson J, Lanham-New
- Multivitamins in the Prevention of Cancer in MenThe Physicians’ Health Study II Randomized Controlled Trial, J. Michael Gaziano, MD, MPH; Howard D. Sesso, ScD, PH; William G. Christen, ScD; Vadim Bubes, PhD; Joanne P. Smith, BA; Jean MacFadyen, BA; Miriam Schvartz, MD; JoAnn E. Manson, MD, DrPH; Robert J. Glynn, ScD; Julie E. Buring, ScD JAMA. 2012;308(18):1871-1880. doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641.
- Pharmacist’s Notes: Lynn Shumake, PD NutraSport Sports Nutrition Center, www.NutraSportRx.com 2012
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.