Policosanol supplies 10 mg of policosanol from sugar cane wax in each capsule.
Policosanol is comprised of a mixture of several long chain fatty-alcohols including octacosanol, triacontanol and hexacosanol. Studied for the important roles it plays in cardiovascular health, policosanol is increasingly becoming recognized for its use in supporting healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
In humans, randomized double-blind, placebo controlled clinical studies indicated that 5-20 mg of policosanol may provide beneficial effects to serum lipids. While the exact mechanism is still unknown, it is thought to play important roles in the inhibition of cholesterol synthesis, as well as providing antioxidant protection.
Policosanol has been tested in thousands of patients, with minimal adverse side effects reported.
Policosanol may be a useful dietary adjunct for individuals who wish to support healthy cardiovascular function.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 vegetarian capsule daily with a meal, or as advised by your healthcare professional.
FORMULA (WW #10205)
1 Vegetarian Capsule Contains:
- Policosanol**…………………………………………………10 mg
(from 17 mg of policosanol complex)
Other Ingredients: cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silica.
**From Policosanol Plus™, a premium source of all beneficial compounds found during scientific studies on policosanol.
This product contains NO added sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, corn, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Warning: Policosanol may increase the effect of blood thinning medications, including aspirin.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Castano G, Mas R, Gamez R, Fernandez L, Illnait J. Effects of policosanol and ticlopidine in patients with intermittent claudication: a double-blinded pilot comparative study. Angiology. 2004 Jul-Aug;55(4):361-71.
- Castano G, Mas R, Gamez R, Fernandez J, Illnait J, Fernandez L, Mendoza S, Mesa M, Gutierrez JA, Lopez E. Concomitant use of policosanol and beta-blockers in older patients. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 2004;24(2-3):65-77.
- Mas R, Castano G, Fernandez J, Gamez R, Illnait J, Fernandez L, Lopez E, Mesa M, Alvarez E, Mendoza S. Long-term effects of policosanol on obese patients with Type II Hypercholesterolemia. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2004;13(Suppl):S102.
- Varady KA, Wang Y, Jones PJ. Role of policosanols in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Nutr Rev. 2003 Nov;61(11):376-83..
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.