Ubiquinol is the reduced (electron-rich) from of Coenzyme Q10. It is identical to the CoQ10 produced by the body and is already activated, bypassing the need for conversion.
Ubiquinol is an integral part of the body’s antioxidant defense system. Antioxidant nutrients are necessary to protect the body from the destructive effects of harmful molecules that cause oxidation. As a lipid soluble antioxidant it actively eliminates peroxyl radicals, hydroperoxyl radicals and lipid peroxides in biological membranes. Ubiquinol also regenerates oxidized vitamin E, restoring its antioxidant function. Supplementation with ubiquinol has been shown to increase the resistance of LDL cholesterol to oxidation in human subjects. Evidence suggests that oxidative stress contributes to the development of many common health problems, including atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus. Ubiquinol is also a carrier of electrons in the mitochondrial electron transport chain that plays a role in ATP synthesis. It is present in large quantities in tissues with very high metabolic demands, such as cardiac muscle. Numerous studies have shown that supplementation with ubiquinol may support cardiac health.*
Ubiquinol may be a useful dietary supplement for those who wish to support mitochondrial or cardiovascular health or enhance antioxidant protection.
As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel capsule, one (1) to three (3) times daily with meals or as directed by a health care professional.
FORMULA (WW #10247)
1 Softgel Capsule Contains:
- Ubiquinol CoQH…………………………………………….100mg
(Reduced form of CoQ10)
Other Ingredients: Capsule (gelatin, glycerin, and water), medium chain triglycerides, beeswax, soy lecithin and carob.
Ubiquinol QH™ is manufactured by Kaneka, one of the world’s leaders in natural pharmaceutical grade CoQ10. It is produced through a patented process that stabilizes this reduced form of CoQ10 against oxidation.
This product contains NO sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Warning: Please consult with a healthcare professional before taking Ubiquinol if you are taking Warfarin (Coumadin) or antihypertensive drugs.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Groff, J and S. Gropper. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism, 3rd Ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth; 2006.
- Langsjoen PH and Langsjoen AM. Supplemental ubiquinol in patients with advanced congestive heart failure. Biofactors. 2008;32(1-4):119-128.
- Langsjoen PH and Langsjoen AM. Overview of the use of CoQ10 in cardiovascular disease. Biofactors. 1999;(9):273-284.
- Schmelzer C and Döring F. Micronutrient special issue: Coenzyme Q (10) requirements for DNA damage prevention. Mutat Res. 2012;733(1-2):61-68.
- Thomas S, Neuzil J, Mohr D et al. Coantioxidants make α-tocopherol and efficient antioxidant for low density lipoprotein. Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 62(suppl):1357S-64S.
- WebMD web site. Coenzyme Q-10. Accessed 7/28/12.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.